MHC Healthcare Patients – What you need to know:
- If you have an appointment scheduled
- Please limit your visit to our health centers to yourself and no more than one other person if possible.
- If you have a Dental appointment or need to schedule one
- MHC Healthcare Dental is currently only open for Emergency visits in efforts to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- If you need to have a routine well visit, physical or check-up
- Due to the impact of COVID-19 and the need to protect healthy patients, we are postponing any routine well visits, physicals or check-ups at this time.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please reach out to the MHC Call Center at (520) 682-4111.
Here’s what we know so far
The impact of COVID-19, (formerly known as the Coronavirus) when widespread, will look something like a severe flu season. Though the virus is quite contagious, the vast majority of infections are mild – sometimes asymptomatic- and not typically lethal. COVID-19 is most dangerous for many of the same people who are most at risk for the flu: older adults and those with chronic disease(s). Symptoms of COVID-19, include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. People who have recently come in close contact with someone infected or traveled to an infected area are at a higher risk of getting COVID-19.
Things you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Like the flu or the common cold, COVID-19 is spread person to person when an infected person coughs or sneezes and respiratory droplets are inhaled. It may also be possible to contract COVID-19 by touching a surface where the virus is present and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Wash your hands with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Keep your hands away from your face
- Avoid sick people, if you can
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Cover your cough and sneeze into a tissue, then toss the tissue in the trash. Wash your hands again
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched areas
What should you do if you feel sick
We are continually learning more about COVID-19. MHC Healthcare is working closely with the Pima County Health Department and other health partners. MHC Healthcare is part of the Pima County Task Force for COVID-19. Pima County Health Department has established a webpage with information about the illness and how to protect yourself and your family.